Alice in Wonderland progresses in tiny steps - and I am amazed by the number of questions there are. In fact there are far more questions about the play than lines in the play. Perhaps if I record them, the group can reflect upon them: why so many? What is being achieved by them? Is there a way of creating theatre without them?
How do I speak?
How long have I known Alice?
What am I doing? What am I doing now?
What type of...
Can I write these ideas down?
Can you imagine how long this painting is going to take?
Where am I going from?
What were you like at 10 years old?
"How long will this take?"
Did you just make that up?
Shall we put that in the actual play?
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" (in answer to which I refer you to this link.)
Have I painted her before?
"can I see it when it is done?"
So even with a bit of an interruption, and a lot more "working" than questioning, it is interesting to see that the group is asking about 1 question a minute. Considerably more earlier in the rehearsal. Comment your thoughts below:
Want to know how much work has gone into our A2 projects? Then read this.